Styles - Fonts - Embroidery Designs - Fabric Selections - How to Order




Monday, May 10, 2010

Little bit about Me and Teeny Tiny Fashions

Thanks to Amy at http://www.browniegoose.com/ and Kim at http://www.trucksandtutusboutique.blogspot.com/ I've had a huge increase in traffic to my site. Most likely, if you have found me through either of these fabulous ladies, then you're new to Teeny Tiny Fashions so I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce myself and explain a little bit about what I do.


I'm Melissa ~ the seamstress behind Teeny Tiny Fashions. I wear many "hats" as do so many women I know. I'm a military wife of 12 years and stationed with my husband here in sunny Florida but at heart, I am and will always be a Georgia girl. I'm Mommy to the most mischevious, amazing and wonderful six year old little boy. Being a mom is by far my absolute favorite "job" - rewarding, certainly challenging and most definately NEVER dull! I work outside the home as a full-time social worker helping abused, abandoned, and neglected children. I'm co-team mom for my son's baseball team and domestic diva that keeps this household (somewhat) functional...anyone that lives with boys will know exactly what I mean - seriously, how hard is it to hit the toilet?


And when I'm not doing all of those things, I'm stitching away in my little slice of paradise aka my sewing studio aka repurposed guest room turned sewing room. I'm a "self taught seamstress" - everything you see, I've taught myself to do over the years. Chances are, if I see it then I can make it.


I offer most everything you can dream up with Teeny Tiny Fashions ~ whether it's custom boutique style children's clothing or embroidered birthday shirts to baby bedding and accessories. I offer monogramming and personalization for just about anything I make. I specialize in custom designs...some of my favorite creations have been designed by my customers. In addition, I also do labor only sewing which is when my customer supplies the fabric and I do the sewing only. Pillowcase dresses, tutus, hairbows, burp cloths, costumes, baby blankets ~ the list goes on and on. I try to post pictures of everything I make so customers can get an idea of what is available, but sometimes that's almost impossible. If you're looking for something specific and don't see it listed, just email me at TeenyTinyFashions@gmail.com so we can arrange a custom order for you.


My favorite new toy is my Brother PR 620 embroidery machine (I just love saying that) and the possibilities are endless for what you can customize with this baby! First birthday? Not a problem...just let me know the theme and we can design a shirt that is as unique as your little teeny tiny guy or gal! Baby shower? Personalize a new baby set and give a gift that is sure to be treasured.


I offer any of the fabrics shown under Fabric Selections or if you don't see something there that tickles your fancy, feel free to visit any of the fabulous Etsy fabric sellers to pick out something different ~ or supply your own fabric! If you're looking for embroidery fonts or designs, browse through the Embroidery and Applique Designs or check out the links ~ I can get any of the fonts or designs you find on those links.

If you have any questions or want to arrange an order, contact me at TeenyTinyFashions@gmail.com