Styles - Fonts - Embroidery Designs - Fabric Selections - How to Order




Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cleaning out the clutter to free the Creativity

It's a project that really needed to be done but oh how I dreaded it...which is probably why I put it off as long as I did. I'm talking about cleaning my sewing room or as my husband "lovingly" calls it - the sweatshop. Over the past year, our guest room has gone through a metamorphisis of change from guest room, to combination guest room/computer room/sewing room, to guest room/sewing room to now simply ~ the sewing room aka home of Teeny Tiny Fashions.

It's not like there's a lot of time to be had for such projects. My days are filled with working my full-time job, attempting to manage the day-to-day activities of my husband and six year old son, plus trying to fit sewing and creating time into that mix. As I'm sure many women can relate, by the time everyone else is in bed and my "quiet time" rolls around, I'm almost too tired to want to do anything!

With the arrival of my new embroidery machine (Do you hear that? It's the sound of angels singing...or at least that's what I hear whenever I look at my new machine ~ I'm in love) When it was finally decided that I would be getting my Brother PR 620, the first thing my husband said to me was "you're going to have to clean up the sweatshop to make a place for it." Well, actually I think the first thing he said was "it costs how much?!" followed by gasping for air and sputtering to make a coherant sentence...little sticker shock I guess.

So my fabulous friend pitched in and helped me tackle the sewing room a few weekends ago and together we transformed the space into the official studio of Teeny Tiny Fashions. Even more amazing is that we managed to accomplish this in one day while simultaneously wrangling her three boys and my six year old!

Here's a few Before shots:










































And here's After:




















I feel so much better with everything organized and in it's place. I have lots more space now and feel relazxd when I'm here there, instead of cramped and stressed. And of course, that's my new machine sitting there in it's new home...I absolutely LOVE it. The best part of this "makeover" ~ the husband can no longer in good faith call my room the sweatshop : )