Styles - Fonts - Embroidery Designs - Fabric Selections - How to Order




Saturday, September 12, 2009

Custom Orders

When people find out that I make children's boutique style clothing, I almost always get asked "do you have pictures?" I do have my business cards which have 3 very small pictures with 3 very small examples of my work and then of course, there's my Etsy shop. However, that's only a very "teeny tiny" sampling of Teeny Tiny Fashions.


Much of Teeny Tiny Fashions exists outside of my Etsy listings in the form of custom work. Customers usually find me through Etsy or by word of mouth. We collaborate to create a custom look and they either send me their own fabric or find fabric through an Etsy seller and I then obtain the fabric directly from the seller. We use existing patterns that I already have by mixing and matching fabrics or find new patterns to use.




This works great for people who may have great design skills but don't know how to sew or for those that know how but just don't have the time. For me, it keeps the creative juices flowing because I'm constantly exposed to new fabric, patterns, designs and the like so it never gets boring! My custom orders are by far some of my best and those of which I'm the proudest!

Take a look for yourself ~ these are just a few examples of custom orders that customers have designed and I've sewn for them. This brightly colored peasant style dress has a ruffled neckline, ruffled short sleeves, and coordinating waist band.


Kim of Trucks and Tutus Boutique was kind enough to let me showcase some of the cute fashions that she's designed, such as the peasant dress above. Not to mention her adorable little girl, modeling double ruffled pants here and a knot top and ruffled pants set above. You can find awesome applique and monogramming at Kim's website http://www.trucksandtutusboutique.blogspot.com/


"Sew" the next time you're browsing through Etsy or the internet and see a really cute dress but aren't crazy about the fabric or maybe you'd rather have long sleeves instead of short, keep Teeny Tiny Fashions in mind.

If you're in need of a custom order of your own, contact me through my Etsy shop at http://www.teenytinyfashions.com/