Styles - Fonts - Embroidery Designs - Fabric Selections - How to Order




Saturday, September 12, 2009

Teeny Tiny Fashions- Tell me more!

The name of my shop, "Teeny Tiny Fashions," came about after much soul searching and scratching of heads. Here's the scoop for those of you who are interested in this kind of stuff: When I was a little girl, I was fortunate to have grandparents who were able to take a very active role in caring for me and influenced my upbringing tremendously. I spent many a night sleeping over at my grandparents' home and one of the things that my grandmother and I did every night was have a bedtime story before I fell asleep. At some point along the way, she read "The Teeny Tiny Woman" to me and I was HOOKED! I fell in love with that story and wanted to hear it every night. I must have made her read that story repeatedly for years (and bless her, she did!) What always stuck with me about that story, regardless of which of the various versions you hear, is that the Teeny Tiny Woman was so afraid of the teeny tiny voice that she never wanted to come out of the covers to confront what was frightening her. I often thought up different endings to that story - if she'd come out of bed and opened the cupboard, maybe she'd have found a mouse who wanted his bone back? Or a neighbor playing a trick? Or maybe it really was a ghost? But instead, she stayed tucked in bed, covers over her head hoping the voice would go away. I think there's a valuable lesson to be learned by that story - if you're too afraid to face what "might" be, you're going to miss out on what "could be." Thus, "Teeny Tiny Fashions" - my attempt to poke my head out from under the covers and open the cupboard to see if there's a possibility that my dream of having a successful home business can come true so that someday, hopefully I can be a stay at home mom.